Candle Care

Safety Instructions

To prevent a fire and serious injuries, burn candle within sight. Never leave candle unattended. Burn candle out of reach out of children and pets. Always leave at least 10cm between burning candles. Do not burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Only burn candle on a level heat resistant surface. Never burn this candle for more than 4 hours at a time and do not allow the flame to the touch glass.

Follow these tips to get the most out of your candle: 

The First Burn

When lighting your candle for the first time, burn the candle for 2-4 hours or until the melt pool reaches the sides of the vessel. Doing this it will prevent tunnelling and create an even burn for the duration of the candle's 'life'. 

Trim Your Wick

After the first burn we advise you to trim your wick before every lighting. This allows you to control the size of the flame allowing you to get the most out of your candle. The wick only needs to be approximately 6mm in length, keeping it this length will avoid mushrooming which can result in unnecessary soot. If soot forms on the inside of the vessel, extinguish the candle and once the candle has cooled, wipe with a clean damp cloth.

Keep The Wax Clean

Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, soot and dust.  

When Your Candle Is Finished

When the candle has burnt down to 10mm of wax this indicates the candle is finished. We advise you not to continue lighting the candle as the flame needs a solid base of wax to avoid the jar overheating. To reuse your jar, pour hot water from the kettle and washing up liquid into the jar wait a couple of minutes and clean. Once dried it can be used as a holder for your makeup brushes or you can purchase our refills once we launch them.